Our IT Team is looking to grow in search of a Technical Support Specialist. To ensure that the company is operating at an efficient capacity, our IT Team assesses all network and computing issues. POI continues to grow and therefore, is seeking a Technical Support Specialist who will work with our IT Team.
Reports To: Systems Administrator
This is a hands-on position that requires a strong customer service orientation. Excellent technical skills as well as the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. After-hours work will be required in emergency situations, off-site at user’s home support, and at branch offices
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Administer and support all IT equipment – desktop computing, Wintel servers, printers, telephone instruments and equipment, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment.
- Diagnose problems, train users and provide desktop and mobile computing support.
- Coordinate with vendors on basic facility issues.
- Apply software patches/upgrades and respond to user requests as needed.
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all computing equipment.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software or connectivity problems
- Managing backups for all offices
- Provide help desk support to onsite and remote users.
- Active Directory maintenance
- Support for remote users using VPN or RDP – Telephone and or home visits for troubleshooting
- Set up client machines
- Load system and application software
- Maintain software licensing
- Maintenance of Cisco and Meraki devices
- Document standard operating procedures to aid in problem solutions
- Monitor servers and printers to ensure maintenance and support requirements are met
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 2 to 3 years related experience
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license is required
- College Diploma required in Networking and Technical Support
- A+, MCP or MSCE preferred.
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare or other hypervisors)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012/2016) operating systems, Exchange, DNS and Active Directory, and virtualization platforms.
- Basic understanding of Cisco switches, routers, and TCP / IP networking.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 and Exchange Online, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Win7/10
- File Server knowledge, including permissions and security
- Excellent communication, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Available on call some nights and weekends
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com.
environments and experiences that inspire.