You’re the Pied Piper of Numbers
You’re the Pied Piper of Numbers in our One Team, the one who has the right stuff when it comes to sussing out the calculations that speak to the success of our business. Spreadsheets, tables, algorithms, tax laws, accounting regulations, ledgers – dizzying to the average person but to you, it’s the language you love and you’re adept at synthesizing it and displaying it with panache!
More about the role
The Accounts Payable Specialist, under the direction of the Accounting Manager, will primarily be responsible to ensure that all month-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner. Math is Fun!
• Receive and review purchase orders, invoices, check requests and/or other related documentation for completeness and compliance with financial policies, procedures and contractual requirements
• Match original invoices and requests for payment with internal purchase orders or cheque requests; performs calculations to determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts and make modifications as necessary
• Code, verify and electronically enters accounts payable data into ledgers
• Follow up on account statements and other discrepancies regarding payment of accounts and serve as liaison between departments and vendors in the resolution of administrative problems and inquiries
• Maintain vendor files
• Process and verify employees’ expenses claims
• Ensure that all month-end financial duties and resulting financial reporting is completed in a timely and accurate manner
• Responsible for tracking and receiving vendor credit notes and rebates
• Perform admin tasks such as filing, distributing incoming mail, processing outgoing mail and other duties as required.
• Back up for bank deposit
You’ve got the credentials to make it happen
• Degree or diploma in accounting
• Five years of experience
• Strong Microsoft Office Skills, including Outlook, Excel and Word
• Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws and reporting requirements
• Ability to analyze and present numerical data in tables, spreadsheets and forms
• Ability to read, understand, and calculate financial figures such as discounts, interest rates, proportions, percentages and taxes
• Knowledge of accounting systems and internal controls
• Meticulous with numbers
• Fast accurate data entry
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Ability to work in a high-volume environment
• Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
At POI, we create environments and experiences that inspire. This holds true for both customers and staff. We offer newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working. With flexible spaces along with flexible hours, health and dental benefits, and competitive salaries, we not only advocate a work-life balance, but we live it!
Start Your Application
We’d like to find out a little more about what makes you tick, so we’ve put together a fun and short survey called the Culture Index. There are no wrong or right answers. This process, in addition to your resume, enables us to determine the fit for the role before you commit valuable time to the interview process. To complete the survey, click on this link and select the position you are applying for. Please follow the instructions and upload your resume.