Jack of All Construction Trades
What hat will you wear today? Look into your construction closet and bring them all as you will be swapping them out regularly in your new role as our new Jr. Project Manager – Construction Solutions.
As part of our One Team, you understand the Construction process and will be interfacing and managing the roles and expectations of key players, including acting as a point person and specialty subtrade with General Contractors, Construction Managers and even end users!
More about the role
The Jr. Project Manager – Construction Solutions, will be responsible for managing the construction process of our prefabricated interior construction. You will also coordinate with our installation vendors and internal teams to facilitate and control the installation schedule, cost, and feasibility of our solutions.
You’re a flexible type and have the agility to pivot to the needs of the many.
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Attend specific project meetings as required
- Attend technical and installation training for all Construction Solutions POI provides
- Maintain all project schedules and budgets through our software applications
- Participate in all firm meetings as requested to further develop the firm’s objectives
- Support all initiatives with respect to Health and Safety in the workplace, which includes review our health and safety policy on a quarterly basis.
- Other duties as required
- Reviews the labour requirements and constructability of the proposed solution with the Preconstruction Team prior to pricing and order.
- Coordinates with Installation Vendors for quotes to install.
- Site review for detailed measurements and constructability
- Reviews and comments on proposed scheduling
- Logs and maintains schedule of required tasks to achieve project schedule and budget.
- Coordinates with in-house teams to facilitate installation and completion of the solution including Administration, Preconstruction Coordinator, Solution Specialist, Client Manager, Build Foreman and Warehouse.
- Coordinates with the Contractor as a subtrade on the project, attending site meetings as required to ensure smooth and stable installation of our solutions on time and on budget.
- Coordinates and manages installation vendor for installation.
- Use Procore to manage the construction and respond to the project needs.
- Review all installations during construction and for our internal deficiency review.
- Attend final deficiency review with contractor/ designer/ client as required
- Coordinate the completion of all deficiencies and obtain total project completion certificate.
- Follow up and coordinate the correction of warranty issues as they arise.
- Use PROCORE to issue site reports and deficiency reports.
- Track and maintain project logs.
- Provide closeout documents to end user and contractors as required for the project
You’ve got the credentials to make it happen
- Experience in Construction Project is preferred
- Experience with the planning and implementation of walls systems solutions and premanufactured systems is an asset.
- High School Diploma minimum, post-secondary education preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of current Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project, Excel, Outlook and Word, BlueBeam Revu.
- Experience with customer interfacing, both internal and external clients
- Strong administrative skills with sharp attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills & multitasking capabilities
- Knowledge of the POI Order Fulfilment Process is asset
- Strong leadership skills and ability to perform well in a team environment
At POI, we create environments and experiences that inspire. This holds true for both customers and staff. We offer a hybrid work environment (work/home) including newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working. With flexible spaces along with flexible hours, health and dental benefits, and competitive salaries, we not only advocate a work-life balance, but we live it!
Start Your Application
We’d like to find out a little more about what makes you tick, so we’ve put together a fun and short survey called the Culture Index. There are no wrong or right answers. This process, in addition to your resume, enables us to determine the fit for the role before you commit valuable time to the interview process. To complete the survey, click on this link and select the position you are applying for. Please follow the instructions and download your resume.