This is a fast-paced role and we need your help to keep our order process moving and on track. Part enforcer, part detective, you’re a multi-tasker moving from one order to the next, fact checking and validating every step of the way. Meticulous and detail-oriented, you seek and find evidence to secure each order so it can make its way to the next team to do their thing. We must establish order!
More about the role
This is your beat to walk and your strength is ensuring that everything is in its proper place. The role of an Order Entry Administrator is to process orders in accordance to the Order Fulfillment Process Map with a very high accuracy and efficiency. You’ll want to begin with checking and editing Order Registers toward converting and releasing Purchase Orders to suppliers. Monitor Purchase Order creation to ensure that they are transmitted successfully. Tag, post and check Order Acknowledgements received from suppliers.
• Tag email requests sent to Order Entry mailbox according to its que and urgency
• Review Quote Registers and files electronically attached and follow OE checklist, edit quote as required
• Perform order conversion in accordance to the Order Fulfillment Process Map
• Perform Purchase Order creation, transmit EDI/XML files to Steelcase
• Monitor Purchase Orders emailed to non-Steelcase suppliers
• Tag, post and check Order Acknowledgements received from suppliers
• Update OE catalogs and spec guides are necessary
• Other duties as required
You’ve got the credentials to make it happen
• Minimum High School Diploma
• Administrative experience; minimum of 1 year
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook and Word
• Ability to learn new software quickly (Hedberg, Billquick and Procore)
• Basic Knowledge of Office Furniture and related services is helpful
At POI, we create environments and experiences that inspire. This holds true for both customers and staff. We offer newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working. With flexible spaces along with flexible hours, health and dental benefits, and competitive salaries, we not only advocate a work-life balance, but we live it!
Start Your Application
We’d like to find out a little more about what makes you tick, so we’ve put together a fun and short survey called the Culture Index. There are no wrong or right answers. This process, in addition to your resume, enables us to determine the fit for the role before you commit valuable time to the interview process. To complete the survey, click on this link and select the position you are applying for. Please follow the instructions and upload your resume.