POI is a workplace solutions company which focuses on creating spaces people want to go to.
Under the direction and guidance of the Project Manager Lead for the Construction Solutions Team, the Project Manager will be responsible for managing the construction process for our solutions. Acting as specialty subtrade to the General Contractors, Construction Managers or directly for end users, the PM coordinates with our vendors and internal teams to facilitate and control the installation schedule, cost, and feasibility of our solutions.
- Client/Customer Focus
- Multi-tasking & Flexibility
- Time Management
- Critical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Can work independently
- Anticipate and head off problems that can jeopardize deadlines, budgets, and user acceptance
- Pragmatic; focus on getting work done with the resources available to them
- Be empathetic; need to understand stakeholders’ concerns about a project, take those concerns seriously and address them
- Attend weekly team meetings
- Attend specific project meetings as required
- Attend technical and installation training for all Construction Solutions provided by POI
- Attend networking events as requested
- Maintain all project schedules and budgets through our software applications
- Participate in all firm meetings as requested to further develop the firms’ objectives
- Support all initiatives with respect to Health and Safety in the workplace, which includes review our health and safety policy on a quarterly basis
- Other duties as required
- Review the labour requirements and constructability of the proposed solution with the team prior to pricing and order
- Coordinates with Vendors for quotes to install
- Site review for detailed measurements and constructability
- Reviews and comments on proposed scheduling
- Logs and maintains schedule of required tasks to achieve project schedule and budget
- Coordinates with in-house teams to facilitate installation and completion of the solution including Administration, Preconstruction Coordinator, Solution Specialist, Client Manager, Build Foreman, and Warehouse
- Coordinates with the Contractor as a subtrade on the project, attending site meetings as required to ensure smooth and stable installation of our solutions on time and on budget
- Coordinates and manages vendors for installation
- Use Plangrid to manage the construction and respond to the project needs
- Review all installations during construction and for our internal deficiency review
- Attend final deficiency review with contractor/ designer/ client as required
- Coordinate the completion of all deficiencies and obtain total project completion certificate
- Follow up and coordinate the correction of warranty issues as they arise
- Use Plangrid to issue site reports and deficiency reports.
- Track and maintain project logs
- Ensure closeout documents are sent to end user and contractors as required for the project
Your Skills and Experience
- Experience in Construction Project implementation and coordination; minimum 5 years’ experience including basic understanding of building construction sequencing
- Experience with the planning and implementation of walls systems solutions and premanufactured systems is an asset
- Mechanically inclined and hands on even if that is working on your own home, garden, or vehicles
- High School Diploma minimum, post-secondary education preferred
- Project Management Certification preferred – completed or in progress
- Excellent working knowledge of current Microsoft Office including Microsoft Project, Adobe, Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Working knowledge of Plangrid and Smartsheets preferred. Experience with customer interfacing, both internal and external clients
- POI’s working environment is supportive of employee wellbeing, encourages collaboration and promotes continuous improvement on an individual and organizational basis
- Primarily based out of the POI LivingLAB – North York, Ontario
- Travel to client sites, warehouse, job sites; generally, within the GTA
- Available to resolve issues as they arise during regular hours or after hours
What We Offer
- Talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn and lead at every point in their career.
- Newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working.
- Competitive salary
- Flex hours and Hybrid Work Office/Home
Qualified applicants should contact HR@poi.ca
Start your application
We’d like to find out a little more about what makes you tick, so please complete this brief survey called the Culture Index. There are no wrong or right answers. This process, in addition to your resume, enables us to determine the fit for the role before you commit valuable time to the interview process. To complete the survey, follow this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/74ADD00000
Please follow the instructions and download your resume.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. POI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, colour, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.