Are you a strategic thinker with the design chops and operational competency to help drive team performance?
As our new Studio Manager, you know how important it is to nurture a high performing team. You also know that fostering true collaboration means setting goals and initiatives and then providing your team with the plan and tools to be successful.
More about the role
Reporting to the Studio Director, you will lead a team of creative minded design and application specialists ensuring that together, you achieve the high standards that we set for ourselves while remaining firmly focused on the needs of the customer. You’re no schlep when it comes to numbers as you will be tracking metrics to ensure profitability. You are also a multi-tasker with top notch organization skills who brings positivity to the role.
Get ready to lead. You will also:
• Partner with leadership and sales teams to ensure flawless execution of design services
• Oversee the workflow, workload and utilization of team members and assign projects based on skill set, client relationships and availability
• Determine staffing needs for the division and participate in the hiring process to include interviewing and making hiring decisions
• Develop and manage standards, processes and quality assurance
• Attend and engage in industry events
• Establish and reinforce team culture and be a culture champion
• Work with Sales to produce accurate quotes, proposals and contracts
You’ve got the credentials to make it happen
• Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university. Associate Art’s Degree or equivalent from a three-year college or technical school will be considered
• A minimum of 10 years’ Design experience, and previous experience managing a team is desired.
• ARIDO Registered Designer accreditation is preferred. BCIN certification is an asset.
• Prior experience with system furniture products and/or experience in corporate planning and design is an asset
• Steelcase and Global expertise is an asset
• Knowledge of the Ontario Building Code
• Proficient with AutoCAD 2013 or current release
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
At POI, we create environments and experiences that inspire. This holds true for both customers and staff. We offer newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working. With flexible spaces along with flexible hours, health and dental benefits, and competitive salaries, we not only advocate a work-life balance, but we live it!
Qualified applicants should apply to firstname.lastname@example.org