In today’s hybrid work environment, it has become normal, if not expected, for employees to work from home. This new work system offers a variety of benefits for workers such as spending less time and money on commuting and offering flexible schedules for those who need it, but it adds some challenges to the workday too. Finding an office desk that fits in Toronto’s homes is just one of these challenges.
But that isn’t to say that there aren’t excellent options that can counteract these issues. Below are some of the details to consider when shopping for a home office desk that works best for you.
Things Toronto Workers Should Review Before Choosing a Home Office Desk
Having a dedicated home office desk can improve privacy and productivity, as well as provide a professional and organized space to get work done. There are several important factors to consider when looking for the best home office desk for your space. Some questions you may want to ask yourself when shopping are:
- Do you require space to put a computer? Is your computer a laptop or a desktop?
- How much extra work surface is necessary for other hands-on activities or tasks?
- How much time does your job require you to be sitting at a desk?
- What size space do you have and how large of a footprint do you have to work with?
- Will you require storage options?
- What is your personal style and aesthetic? What will look best in the space?
Questions like these can help narrow down your search and ensure that you get the best home office desk for your needs. There is an abundance of options to fit any kind of space, so be sure to evaluate what will fit best before making your decision.
Recommendations for Home Office Desks From POI
Once you’ve taken the time to assess your needs and space, choosing a desk is more effortless. The experts at POI can provide you with a variety of recommendations for home office desks that fit your requirements. These are just a few of the possible alternatives available:
- ACTIV Pro 3 stage: The ACTIV Pro 3 stage is available in a variety of worksurface sizes and colour ways, making it the perfect fit for any home office. It is built for longevity and peak performance, with a push button handset, 4 different height presets, and anti-collision technology for a smoother experience.
- Ology Height Adjustable Desk: Evidence suggests that standing office desks can increase productivity, improve concentration, and better your overall health. The Ology Height Adjustable Desk allows for easy transition between sitting and standing throughout the day and is designed to give you reminders to regularly adjust your posture.
- Currency Table Desk: For those who consider minimalism and aesthetics to be of the utmost importance, the Currency Table Desk makes a fantastic addition to a workspace. Similar to the ACTIV Pro 3, this desk is available in a variety of worksurface sizes and colour ways, and provides the perfect touchdown point for a range of environments in a sleek application.
- Steelcase Active Lift Riser: An option for those who don’t already have a dedicated home office space, the Steelcase Active Lift Riser turns any work surface into a height-adjustable desk. It is easily adjustable no matter your height or which technologies you use, giving you the perfect compact home office desk solution for Toronto homes.
The perfect home office desk is available for you through the experts at POI. Enquire today for additional options and information.