Reports To: Audio Visual Integration Manager
The Audio/Video Installation Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and execution of project installations.
Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and participate in each phase of the installation/project to ensure the install is to POI quality expectations, that the schedule is being adhered to and that Health and Safety policies are followed. Take corrective action as required:
- Attend project management/construction site meetings as required and meet with trades and/or outside resources to create installation critical path (relaying information to project managers, sales or tech services)
- Manage installation of rough-in distributed cabling for AV systems through raceways, conduits, junction boxes, hollow walls, solid walls, crawl spaces and passage ways
- Manage and complete field terminations for AV infrastructure and cable distribution; direct connections, soldering, crimping, linear compression, insulation displacement and compression
- Build equipment racks as per rack elevation drawings; assemble rack walls, shelves, lacer bars, loading and securing electronic equipment in proper placement as per AV layout standards
- Pre-configuration and programming of audio-visual control and network-enabled products
- Hardware installation – accurately receive and safely install AV components and hardware to supporting structures; uni-strut, threaded rod, tie rods, aircraft wire, anchors, bolts, screws and clamps for mounting brackets, in-ceiling speakers, projection screens, projectors etc.
- Complete system programming for end-user control interfaces; handheld remote controls, touch panel controls, smart device applications etc.
- Complete daily/weekly job status reports and project intake documents; work orders, service order forms, timesheets, system diagnostic reports, technical analysis reports, RMA forms etc.
- Ensure solution is functioning as it should and all commissioning is completed and documented
- Set up, test, configure, document, tear down, and troubleshoot AV equipment
- Develop product demonstrations and training sessions on system functionality pre/post install
- Service technology products as required per each clients’ needs and/or contractual agreement
- Evaluate the performance of subcontractors and help to assess and qualify potential new subcontractors
- Customer Focus
- Project Management
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5-years’ experience installing AV systems and 2 years experience managing an installation crew. (CTS Certification preferred
- Read, interpret and design AV system plans; plan view drawings, reflected ceiling plans, selection drawings, elevation drawings, equipment riser diagrams, system context diagrams, system flowcharts and block diagrams
- Experience working with control products, AV transport and auto switching hardware, audio conferencing and DSP products, on-prem video conferencing and TPaas solutions, digital signage and video wall solutions, presentation and collaboration solutions, projection systems and flat panel displays, interactive touch display solutions and more.
- Problem solving skills and ability to implement
- High School Diploma, College or University Degree
- Good working knowledge of related Windows software programs – word and excel and ability to learn new software such as D-Tools
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Flexible work conditions
- Work is estimated to be 25% in the office, 75% in the field at customer installations
- Ability to work outside standard business hours (available evenings and weekends)
To apply, please send resumes to email@example.com.
environments and experiences that inspire.