Get a Load of This
You’re detail oriented and have a technical edge when it comes to receiving and managing client inventory. Reporting to the Manager, Asset Management & Storage Services out of the POI Distribution Center in Markham, you’ll be charged with ensuring the accuracy and easy access to product destined for client installation.
More about the role
The role of Asset Handler is to provide accurate and detailed inventories of our customer’s stored product. This role is technical in nature and the Asset Handler is expected to engage in an environment of continuous learning and development.
• Receive product arriving at warehouse, identifying customer information and items
• Using available resources or locating new resources, creates accurate, detailed Standard Identification codes for entering into the inventory database
• Identifies missing parts and attaches them to product according to the manufacturer catalogue standard and current department best practices
• Identifies aesthetic or mechanical deficiencies in all product, makes repairs where applicable
• Moves and places warehoused product in appropriate rack locations, using proper procedures
• Performs daily housekeeping tasks and keeps the warehouse in showroom condition always
• Pulls product from racking locations for pickup ensuring all items are ready for installation with all items and hardware
• Assists or provides on-site inventory assistance when necessary
• Other duties as required
You’ve got the credentials to make it happen
• High School Diploma minimum, post-secondary education preferred
• Experience with Systems Office furniture an asset
• Detail oriented with a focus on accuracy with strong organizational skills
• Ability to problem solve and implement
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
• Effective communication skills, written and verbal
• Works effectively both independently and on a team
• Support all initiatives with respect to Health and Safety in the workplace
• Forklift/Lift truck experience an asset
• Valid Driver’s licence
At POI, we create environments and experiences that inspire. This holds true for both customers and staff. We offer newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working. With flexible spaces along with flexible hours, health and dental benefits, and competitive salaries, we not only advocate a work-life balance, but we live it!
Start Your Application
We’d like to find out a little more about what makes you tick, so we’ve put together a fun and short survey called the Culture Index. There are no wrong or right answers. This process, in addition to your resume, enables us to determine the fit for the role before you commit valuable time to the interview process. To complete the survey, click on this link and select the position you are applying for. Please follow the instructions and upload your resume.