POI is a workplace solutions company which focuses on creating spaces people want to go to.
Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller will be responsible for overseeing all financial operations, including accounting, budgeting, financial reporting, and tax compliance.
This role is a subject matter expert who excels at prioritizing effectively to meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy. The Corporate Controller is also responsible for fostering positive relationships with all POI Teams and supporting the customer journey and POI mission and vision.
- Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think critically, solve problems, and make effective decisions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively delegate work
- Is highly organized and process driven
- Exhibit excellent time management skills
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the finance and accounting department
- Develop and implement financial policies and procedures
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports
- Manage the budgeting and forecasting process
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and tax laws
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process
- Identify and evaluate financial risks and opportunities
- Collaborate with other departments to drive business growth
- Provide financial insights and analysis to support decision making
- Mentor and develop finance and accounting staff
- Execute on meaningful improvements to the company’s financial management process, policies and systems including but not limited to documentation, process design and controls
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or a related field
- CPA certification preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience in finance and accounting, with at least 5 years in a leadership role
- Excellent knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, and tax regulations
- Proficiency in using financial software and reporting tools
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.)
- POI’s working environment is supportive of employee wellbeing, encourages collaboration and promotes continuous improvement on an individual and organizational basis
- Based out of the POI LivingLAB – North York, Ontario
What We Offer
- Talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn and lead at every point in their career.
- Newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working.
- Competitive salary
- Flex hours and Hybrid Work Office/Home
Qualified applicants should contact HR@poi.ca
Start your application
We would like to find out a little more about what makes you tick, so please complete this brief survey called the Culture Index. There are no wrong or right answers. This process, in addition to your resume, enables us to determine the fit for the role before you commit valuable time to the interview process. To complete the survey, follow this link: https://go.apply.ci/s/74ADD00000
Please follow the instructions and download your resume.
Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Please accept our utmost appreciation for your interest. POI is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, colour, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.