POI is a workplace solutions company which focuses on creating spaces people want to go to.
Under the direction and guidance of the Senior Network Administrator, the Technical Support Specialist will be an integral contributor when it comes to technology troubleshooting, performing system updates, managing software licensing, and customer setup requirements on a range of devices. You will intuitively assess basic user experience errors and resolve them effectively using patience and clear direction. You also have the know-how to troubleshoot and remedy issues pertaining to systems and technology faults and escalate them where required. You are responsible for user experience, and you bring a methodical and sequential approach to assisting our company users with their technological needs.
This is a hands-on position that requires a strong customer service orientation and excellent technical skills along with an ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. After-hours work will be required in emergency situations. You’ll be assisting users both off site for user home support, as well as at branch offices.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and to be flexible is extremely important
- Strong organization skills and time management skills
- Must be self-motivated and resourceful
- Positive and professional attitude
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Accuracy and high attention to detail
- Ability to work in the face of unexpected problems and deadlines
- Administer and support all IT equipment – desktop computing, Windows servers, printers, telephone instruments and equipment, switches, routers, and other general networking equipment
- Diagnose problems, train users, and provide desktop and mobile computing support
- Coordinate with vendors on basic facility issues
- Apply software patches / upgrades and respond to user requests as needed
- Perform pro-active maintenance on all computing equipment
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or connectivity problems
- Managing backups for all offices
- Provide help desk support to onsite and remote users
- Active Directory maintenance
- Support for remote users using VPN or RDP – Telephone and or home visits for troubleshooting
- Set up client machines
- Load system and application software
- Maintenance of Cisco and Meraki devices
- Document standard operating procedures to aid in problem solutions
- Monitor servers and printers to ensure maintenance and support requirements are met
Your Skills and Experience
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of related working experience
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license are required
- College Diploma required in Networking and Technical Support
- A+, MCP, or MSCE preferred.
- Virtualization experience (Hyper-V, VMWare, or other hypervisors)
- Experience with Microsoft Windows server technologies (Server 2008 R2/2012/2016/2019) operating systems, Exchange, DNS, Active Directory, and virtualization platforms.
- Basic understanding of Cisco switches, routers, and TCP / IP networking.
- Proficiency in MS Office 365 and Exchange Online, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Win7/10/11
- File Server knowledge, including permissions and security
- Excellent communication, time management, and problem-solving skills
- POI’s working environment is supportive of employee well-being, encourages collaboration, and promotes continuous improvement on an individual and organizational basis
- Based out of POI’s LivingLAB – Toronto, Ontario
- Available on-call some nights and weekends
What We Offer
- Talent experience that empowers our people with unlimited opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn and lead at every point in their career.
- Newly designed offices that offer unique workspaces that strengthen connections and inspire innovative ways of working
- Competitive salary
- Flex hours and Hybrid Work Office/Home
Qualified applicants should contact HR@poi.ca